Re: [GtkGLExt] Creating a new widget type vs. modifying an instance of an existing type

Of note is that I'm not quite using GtkPlug in the "normal" sense. That
is, it's main job (or so I gather) is to support an out-of-process
widget. While I think it *should* be perfectly usable in the
configuration I'm using it, it's entirely possible that other code
interacting with the GtkPlug may not be fully prepared for the
repercussions of it supporting an in-process widget. It may be that I'd
save myself a lot of grief by making my plug-in out-of-process. I didn't
do that in the first place in the hope that I could avoid the grief of
IPC. Perhaps I did not choose my poison wisely.

I was definitely under the impression that GtkPlug is supposed to be used with widgets in another process as explained in the ref docs. IPC would be a pain for sure in that case. When you derived a new widget, things worked fine I presume? Even with GtkPlug used for an in-process widget?

Anyway, please do keep us posted if you resolve this.

PS: Happy new year!

Happy new year to you as well :) Us kiwis in New Zealand get to see the light of day before anyone else, arrival of the new year is just that little bit more special for us. Cheers.

Alif.