Re: [GtkGLExt] GtkGlExt-Sharp help!!!

Mauricio Henriquez wrote:
Hi: Fist to all, my name is Mauricio I new on the list, so, hi to all !!! I need to make the GtkGlExt-Sharp librarie to make some opengl rendering in a gtk window, but I can't build the necesarie libraries like gtkgl-sharp.dll, gdkgl-sharp.dll, and may be you can send me your libraries or help me to build my own, I all ready try to build the libraries (I download the gtkglext-sharp.0.1.0, and try this on Windows Xp), but I can't find in the package the files in the "generated" folder (_GL_ATIVertexAttribArrayObject.cs, etc.), may be can you send me this files or let me know where can I find them.

http://gtk-sharp.sourceforge.net/ is the site for GtkGlExt-Sharp. I never used it, but there seems to be available even some compiled installer for Win32, so probably this will do what you want.

I realy need to get this libraries to work on windows and linux, becouse for now I generate the all window context for opengl stuff with "glut" from TAO (succefully on windows and linux), but if I want some widgets in a gtk window to control the figure I have to lunch the "glut-window" from my gtk-window in a diferent thread (otherwise the "glutmainloop" call lock the gtk-window), and this can couse some extrange behavior on mono/linux, for example I have to suspend a reasume the thread in the mono/linux version of my program to refresh the opengl figure (surprisingly this is not needed in the windows version), so it seems to be a better way to have the opengl stuff inside the gtk-window.

Yeah, you shouldn't use glut and GTK in the same program, it's not easy to do this reliably since API of both libraries assumes to some extent that they are the only ones that "talk" with XWindows. In the long run, GTK window with gtkglext area is just much better than glut window.

Michalis