[GtkGLExt] GtkGLExt in a Mozilla plug-in

I'm trying to use GtkGLExt in a Mozilla plug-in. The problem seems to be
that Mozilla loads, unloads, and reloads the plug-in .so in the course
of its operation. When the plug-in is reloaded, I encounter this in
response to my call to gdk_gl_config_new:

        GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type `GdkGLConfig'

Things deteriorate rapidly from there. Since the type info was
registered with GLib already, it won't allow it to be registered again;
however, I suppose the registered type info is no longer valid since my
plug-in .so has been unloaded and reloaded.

Any suggestions?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>