Re: [GtkGLExt] rubber band effect

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:08:43PM -0400, mn wrote:

 > the windowing wrapper being used (e.g. gtkglext)?  Does gtkglext
 > support overlay planes?  I am a bit fuzzy about where the overlay
 > plane capability comes from....

 I have never used overlay planes with gtkglext, but AFAIR it's
 supported (even if the TODO file says otherwise?).

 Your catch might be that overlay planes require special hardware
 support.  look at the output of glxinfo, the "lvl" column indicates the
 level of the corresponding visual.  If every level is "0", you don't
 have overlays.  For reference, within the GeForce family, only Quadro
 cards have such support.

 Marcelo