gtkgl 1.99.0 200MB core dumps?

I am writing an OpenGL program using gtkgl 1.99.0, downloaded from
ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/pre-gnome2/sources/gtkglarea.  My machine is a sun
sunblade 2000 running Solaris 8.  When I run my compiled code--or any of
the compiled examples for that matter--the executable uses a rediculous
number of pages of virtual memory (I forget the exact #, but at 8k a page
it amounted to 210MB or so).  And when I try to exit any of these programs
gracefully, the demos or my own code, I get core dumps every time.  Has
anyone else encountered this as well?  I'd like to try and help fix the
problem in the library, but I don't know any GLX and I don't even know
where to begin.  If anyone could even point me in the right direction, I'd
greatly appreciate it.  Cheers.
						-Will Webekind