0.8.1.0

Hello everyone,

the new version is online, containing Hans' patch for glade support.
Also, the configure script now checks for pango and cairo, based on
Brian's input.

Some more input is needed from the auto* gurus :-)

*) Running glade example:
After configure & make, I can run any of the examples by calling
./examples/<name of the example>
With one exception: basics_libglade.

In order for this example to run properly, I have to cd examples and
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=../glade/.libs/.

Any ideas?

*) Information for package managers:
The following files are included for package managers (Debian and
Fedora, if I remember correctly):

gtkdatabox.pc
gtkdatabox.pc.in
gtkdatabox.spec

They require the correct version information to be included. Until
recently (see 0.8.0.2, for instance) I had a script called
pack/package.sh which created configure.ac plus the files listed above
from preliminary versions of these files. The script wrote the right
numbers in the right places.

I am confident that instead of my old script, there is another more
elegant and more "standard" way to handle this. This must be a typical
problem for libraries which are included in Linux distribution.

Thank you very much in advance,

Roland