Re: RE :Problem with gtk (done mistake)

Hi Naveen,

I never heard of such a thing. I even tried to reconstruct the problem
by replacing the "gtk_main_quit" in examples/basics with a call to such
a function as you describe. It worked just fine. Thus, I assume that the
problem is somewhere else.

There are numerous things that you could try to find the reason for the
crash.

*) You can try to create a minimalistic program that produces the crash.
If everything works fine, add more and more of the functionality of your
program until it crashes.

*) If something like this happens to myself, most of the time the reason
was some kind of memory violation. There are quite a few tools out there
to take a look at that, e.g. efence or valgrind. I am no expert in this
area, though.

*) If your program crashed but did not produce a core dump, maybe your
system is configured to a core size of 0. Try to set the core size with

ulimit -c unlimited

If you get a core file, maybe the gdb can help you. If you have a memory
violation problem though, core and gdb will probably not help.

*) If you can construct the crash with some 50 lines of code, and still
have no idea, send it again.

Regards,

Roland