Glib Main Loop Query

Hello All,
I have one quey about the function g_main_context_add_poll function. Once we add a file descriptor to be polled and if file descriptor is ready, how do we call a callback function for it. What i mean to say is if we use g_main_context_add_poll, where and how do we set the prepare,check and dispatch( to call the call back function) for that fd. When i use a source attached to a context, i can specify the same using g_source_new  and g_source_set_callback.

Thanks to all in advance.

Regards,
Sumit Kumar Jain

Do you Yahoo!?