Re: Pango for ARM

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 03:28:42PM -0500, Lance wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an application that I'm working on for an ARM processor.  I don't
> really need windowing functions or anything like that, really just need a
> way to write some text in a variety of fonts to the framebuffer.
>
> I've looked at FreeType by itself but it looks like making it work would be

have you looked at libgd?  I don't really know exactly what a frame
buffer is (ie, format?) but libgd is pretty easy to use in concert with
freetype to draw words in various fonts into a images of various
types...  which presumably could be loaded into a frame buffer.

if someone would like to talk about what exactly a frame buffer is and
how one might manipulate it (with bit-wise operators or whatever) and/or
display it, I'd love to hear what you have to say.  Thanks.

- Anna