Re: GtkComboBox - button press event

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
L.S.,

I want to listen to the 'button-press-event' on a GtkComboBox,
but it doesn't work. What I actually want to achieve, is to be
able to know if a user 'chooses' an entry (either the same or an
other). The 'changed' signal isn't sent on such occasions.

Unfortunatly, this is close to impossible (if not impossible).

The gtkcombobox code creates a popup window to display the
treeview, and that is all on a private struct declared in the
C source (not header)... so I see no way of getting to that widget :(

Maybe you can achive a "one shot selection" kind of functionality if
you make sure to clear the selection after using it every time ?
(so the selection "always changes")

Cheers,
                   -Tristan