compiling glib-2.6.4 as 32bit on AMD64

Hoping it is not too late.
I read you e-mail from last 11 May 2005, and I have a solution for you.

>From my experience of Linux on Sparc, I knew that a utility called
"sparc32", which kind of emulated a Sparc 32-bits environment on Sparc
64-bits processor, existed and had been generalized to "linux32", which
does the same on other architectures, like x86 and x86_64.

I tested, and it worked in a case similar (building a newer version of
glib) to your last year's complaint.

Hope it helps.
--
Jérôme Warnier