Re: evaluating GTK+ for embedded system design

Hi,

Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> writes:

> I dont know if there's a stable version of DirectFB that works with
> modern versions of GTK+, if so I'd like to try it out ;-)

The DirectFB port has been merged into the CVS repository of GTK+ and
the next stable GTK+ release is likely to have support for DirectFB
0.9.21 or newer.

>> Do I need to write something like a driver for that graphics
>> processor to connect to the GTK app? (I red something about GDK)
>> How can I support special features of that graphics processor like
>> alpha blending and text anti aliasing? Are these features already
>> supported by GTK ?

GTK+ already uses the GPU if the backend allows it. You can make even
better use of your graphics processor by writing some backend specific
code (using for example the DirectFB API) for critical parts.

Sven