Re: Can GTK be used for C language

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:47:37PM +0530, Vinay Sandeep wrote:
> This is Vinay Sandeep from Signal Networks Pvt Ltd., when I was going through
> your site I could not figure out that GTK can be used to code in "c" Language

Funny, as the Gtk+ home page (http://gtk.org/) says

  GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range
  of languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such
                ^^^^^^^^^^
  as Perl and Python (especially in combination with the Glade
  GUI builder) provides an effective method of rapid
  application development.

and it contains links to C API documentation and programming
tutorial for C.

Just out of curiosity: Where one can learn about Gtk+ to get
the impression it cannot be used with C (which is actually
its native language), and what site do you refer to as `your
site'?

> Can you suggest me frontend tool for this for LINUX Platform and C language.

Well, *I* would just suggest vim or emacs + command line.  So
I'll refrain...

Yeti

--
That's enough.