Re: Can I listen on a socket in a GTK application?

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 13:03 +0000, Michael Ott wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > In my GTK application, is it possible for it to listen
> > on a socket (as a server)?
> Can you tell my why not?
>
> I never try to run a socket as a servr but i do it as an client.
> There are also exist socket libraries for gtk (I do not use that).
>
> I am sure, that it is possible

the gnet library is a socket wrapper library integrated into the glib
event loop, providing easy abstractions for creating and accepting
connections and using the glib signaling system to process the data.

See http://www.gnetlibrary.org/

Without gnet you can always do normal socket stuff, either as a thread
that communicates with your gtk gui through IPC, or by using the io
channel stuff in glib to put callbacks on the read operations.

Michael