Re: pkg-config / glib-config and conflicts

* craig gtk <craig gtk gmail com> wrote:

> In buildint a gnome from source, some packages expect glib version 1.2
> (with the  glib-config), and other packages expect to learn about glib
> 2.6 by calling pkg-config.  What is the correct way to resolve the
> conflict here?  This seems inappropriate however, as some configure
> scripts complain that they link against one library set and use
> another set of include files?

Yeah, many configure scripts in the gnome world are horribly broken.
There are such funny things like asking pkg-config for glib, then
wildly trying to compile/link against glib and then crying when
versions do not match. This likes to break cross builds.

I'm currently working on that. Please be patient for some days
or join my OSS-QM-Project:

http://nibiru.borg.metux.de:7000/wiki/index.php/OpenSource_QM_Project

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact metux de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481