Re: ComboBoxEntry first column expand (Was: ComboBox column alignment)

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 12:02 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 13:31 +0200, Michael Ott wrote:
> > Hello Murray!
> >
> > > Is there any way to make GtkComboBox (or GtkCellRendererCombo) columns
> > > left justified? I have set the CellRenderer::xalign property to 0, but
> > > it doesn't seem to achieve this. The center alignment is a bit odd, for
> > > instance in this screenshot:
> > > http://www.glom.org/screenshots/glom_data_details_related.png
> > I think you on the rigth way. Please send some code snippet in which we
> > can see where you set alignment
>
> Replying a year later, because I finally found time to investigate this.
>
> I've figured out that this is caused by  using expand=true with
> gtk_cell_layout_pack_start() with the first column. That kind of makes
> sense.

In fact even that doesn't seem to be particularly useful if the first
column has variable width contents. The values are packed together on
each row indendently, so each row is just a bunch of concatenated text
instead of distinct columns. But I really want the columns to be
aligned, so that it's more obvious that part of the text is from the
second column.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com