Re: Need your help when I writing my own gtk widgets

yeajchao wrote:
> Hello all
>      First of all,i apologize for my terriblly poor English!
>      I am going to write a widget for my application
>      In my application,there need a virtual instrument,some more like a
> watch,but, in the bottom,there must have a digital display of its value
>      In fact,what is I want is some more like the dial widget in the gtk
> tutorial,but ,the dial widget in the gtk tutorial has no digital display on the
> bottom.

All you have to do is this:

/* Create the integer data model */
GtkAdjustment  *adjustment = gtk_adjustment_new (...);

/* Create the "dial" view for the model */
GtkWidget      *dial       = gtk_dial_new (adjustment);

/* Create the "spin button" view for the model */
GtkSpinButton  *spin       = gtk_spin_button_new (adjustment ...);

Add them into a container... since they share the same adjustment;
the values will always be correct (no need to create fancy
derivatives for this simple case ;-p ).

Cheers,
                      -Tristan