Re: TextView problem on Win32

Andrew E. Makeev writes:
 > Well, the problem is that we have only Gtk+-2.4 package built on Win32
 > platform.

Why not download and install a newer one then?

 > Could you, please, point on other changes (files) I should use to
 > patch Gtk+-2.4 to fix that problem.

I'm sorry, but I don't know which individual change in what file has
fixed this. Presumably some change in the gdk/win32 files. But I am
not going to try to find out exactly what change, that would be
futile. That's what it means when we say that 2.4 is not maintained,
and not 2.6 either. If you for some reason desperately need to run
GTK+ 2.4 and need this problem fixed, you will have to maintain an own
local branch of it and build it yourself.

 > Have you tried my test case on Win32 platform using Gtk+-2.8 and
 > got textview area drawn properly?

Sure. That's why I said it works better with 2.8.

 > Is there Gtk+-2.8 Win32 binary packages built for MinGW I could
 > download and check the issue?

Of course. ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.8/win32/

There are also pointers to those files from the
http://www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html page. Where were you looking?

--tml