Re: Usability of the GTK+ 2 file open dialog

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Michael L Torrie <torriem chem byu edu> writes:
>
> > The most annoying things deal with opening files:
> >  * if you type the name of the file to open, you have to press enter
> > twice.
>
> No, you haven't. Just type the name of the file to open (or rather
> only the first letters of it). Then press Enter once. Do _not_ press
> Ctrl-L before you do this, just use typeahead as in any other list
> view.

This fragment of a solution is a good example of my problems with the GTK2
chooser.  It works fine, but *only* if the file path you want to type starts
with /  .  Typing relative paths, or paths that start with ~, leads to random
crazyness.

--
Peter Eckersley
Department of Computer Science   &                  mailto:pde cs mu oz au