how to remove deprecated widgets - downsizing GTK

Hi all,
I am working on a project which does not require many of the
widgets in GTK.  Also I have  strict space constraints. I want to

1. Remove all deprecated widgets
2. Remove unneeded widgets for my application
3. Remove unneeded stock icons (if possible, all stock icons)

Please let me the steps for removing the widgets.  I think it will be
complicated, because there are lot of references to deprecated widgets
in many places.

Regards
Durai