Re: glib2-devel 2.2.3

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:13:58 +0200, Rafal Masztalerz said:
> Hi
> Could tell me where I can find sources for the following version of the
> glib2:
> glib2-devel 2.2.3

I suspect as a *practical* matter, what you are likely encountering is that
you have the glib2-2.2.3 RPM installed, but not the glib2-devel-2.2.3 RPM.

The general rule is that the foo-x.y.z RPM contains the pieces (shared library
.so's, etc) needed to run already-compiled binaries that use 'foo', while
foo-devel.x.y.z contains your /usr/include/*.h and /usr/lib/lib*.a files needed
for compiling and linking a new binary that use 'foo'. On RedHat and Fedora
Core systems, most *-devel RPMs aren't installed unless you selected the
'Development Environment' options when you installed the system.

Installing the glib2-devel RPM will let you compile programs that use glib2.
glib2-devel.2.2.3.i386.rpm should be available from any of the mirror sites
for your distro.

Finding the sources for glib2 will only let you rebuild the library, which
is probably not what you really wanted.  But if that's what you want, you
are looking for glib2-2.2.3.src.rpm on one of the distro mirrors.  The .src.rpm
are usually in a different directory than the rpms for the binaries....