Re: Error showing widgets from a thread

Frank Loemker wrote:
[...]
But if I switch to the second page after the button was created and then
wait some seconds (to be sure that any idle handler finished), the button
requisition and allocation are:
    requisition = {width = 0, height = 0}
    allocation = {x = -1, y = -1, width = 1, height = 1}
After pressing the first button these values get somehow fixed and the
second button shows up.

But I do not have any idea why the requisition/allocation does not work
correctly in this case.

Is the button visible (i.e. did you show it with gtk_widget_show()) ?

I'm assuming that the button is showing up by accident on the active
page due to some deep hidden call to gtk_widget_show_all(),
either in gtk+ or in your own code somewhere.

    Note that the thread of execution in which the object was
created/added to its parent is completely arbitrary, the
created widget/object belongs to "the program" and is part of
the GTK hierarchy once created/added.

Cheers,
                  -Tristan