Re: Any reason to worry about using wx? (but it uses GTK!?! :)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:57:09 +-0200, Jose Hevia wrote:

>        -Look at audacity-> wx , amsn... They are ugly on Linux (seems
> they use GTK 1.2 or GTK 2.0 without themes)(amsn added themes
> recently, but I remember a lot of people complaining how bad it
> was(they judged only by its appearance))

wx applications on X (when using wxGTK) are usually indistinguishable from
"native" GTK+- applications. wx itself can use either GTK1 or GTK2, although
GTK2 is preferred now, and they use themes just as any GTK+- application
does.

>       -IMHO win32 is dead, Microsoft needs to sell its new .Net
> related widgets, wx uses win32.

If Win32 is dead, why do we still see so little .NET applications?

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- >< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >
< Contact address: >< jernej simoncic at isg si >