Re: Installing more than 1 version of Gtk+

Michael,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

I hope you don't mind is I pick your brain i order to get this right!!

When compiling gtk+, I should use -

./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk2.8
make
make install

I believe I should then include the new path in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig to update the database.

Then when compiling any gtk based program, I should set
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/gtk2.8/lib/pkgconfig

In order for the compile to work, I should use -
`pkg-config --cflags gtk-2.0 --libs gtk-2.0`

in the script. I note that the version number in that script is the same for gtk v2.4.

Si, if I wish to go back to my v2.4 install, I should change PKG_CONFIG_PATH back to the default

Is this right?

Another question: will I have to install the new versions of glib, pango and atk in the same way i.e. in different directory e.g /opt/glib2.8 etc ?

Regards.

Stephen