Re: decimal separator

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 11:56:33AM +0100, Olivier Pierard wrote:
> On one computer, the same gtk program considers the decimal separator as
> a coma, on the other one as a point.  Obviously, this is linked to
> regional settings (there is a call to gtk_set_locale in gtk_main() if I
> understand well).  What's more surprising is that on both computers, my
> regional settings on KDE are set to a point as decimal separator (but
> during the first instalation, local parameters were belgian ones - and
> coma separator-, which should be the source of the problem).  So the
> call to gtk_set_locale should read the information in another file than
> the settings of KDE, but which one ?
>
> Maybe, the solution (but not the nicest !) should be to call
> gtk_disable_set_locale but how to know which ones will be the 'default'
> parameters.
>
> Thanks for any hint !

AFAIK while Gtk+ apps normally use the standard locale
environment variables (see locale(7)) so what they do
corresponds to what locale(1) command prints, KDE only uses
these variables until you change any regional settings in
KDE -- then it starts to ignore it and use some private
settings.

Yeti

--
That's enough.