configure options and GTK+ cross-compilation

Hi all,

I'm digging into documentation and mailing list archives in order to find an "elegant" solution to the following problem:

how to build GTK+ with a standard (debian) --prefix=/usr and have them installed in a given path (e.g. /home/carlo/dev/gtk-build)

but it seems there is no way to do this. I have the need to do so in order to build a target root filesystem + X + GTK+ environment in order to safely transfer it lately on a compact flash or a nand flash memory.

Until now I managed all this by building GTK+ with --prefix=/usr (both for ARM and i386) and then transferring all the stuff by hand, and I'm wondering if there is a more automated (i.e. more "elegant") way to accomplish this task.