Re: [gtk-list] Cross compile glib for ARM

Hi

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:49:04 +0800
mike lee <mikelee avantwave com> wrote:
>   I fail to cross compile latest glib 2.6 and also 2.0 with
>       ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/arm-linux --host=arm-linux
>       make

Check which CC is used in building. I suppose you will find
gcc is used instead of arm-linux-gcc. I think both of --host
and --build options are required to teach ./configure to work
for cross building. If you use --host only, ./configure simply
misunderstands "i am in arm-linux".

In addition to, using "--prefix=/usr/local/arm/3.4.1/arm-linux"
is not recommended, because the built binaries will lookup
files (shared libraries, configuration files, messsage catalogues,
etc etc) from /usr/local/arm/3.4.1/arm-linux on your target system.

>    Also try to fake configure, but it fail to run glib-genmarshal which
>can not excute in i386.
>       ./configure
>       make CC=arm-linux-gcc LD=arm-linux-ld

When you execute ./configure, the environment is configured
to build on your host. It's too late to teach CC and LD.

I recommend you to learn more about how to use GNU configure
for cross building.

Regards,
mpsuzuki