gtk_file_selection not showing USB memory device

Hi,

I have a Windows app built with GTK 2.8.10, and in it I'm using a
gtk_file_selection to open a file. My problem is that in that
gtk_file_selection dialog a USB memory device (installed in Windows as the
F: drive) is not showing up.

Also installed on the Windows PC I have Ethereal 0.10.10 which is compiled
with GTK+ 2.4.14, and in its gtk_file_selection dialog the USB memory device
does show up as drive F:.

Any ideas why I'm not seeing it in my app?

Oh, and I tried compiling the viewlw program in the gtkglext-examples
directory, and it too does not show the USB memory device in its
gtk_file_selection dialog.

Ian