Re: Default Web Browser

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 00:00 -0500, Andrew Krause wrote:
> I have been looking for some time as to where to find the users default web
> browser. I tried "x-www-browser", but that isn't set on all systems. Then I
> tried the GConf key "/desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec", but that
> isn't
> set on all systems either.
>
> Is there a sure fire way of find the default browser on all Linux
> distributions
> or is there a 98% case that will work? Thanks - Andrew Krause

Hi,
on GNOME systems the gconf key /desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec
is present but I don't know who use it (nor if it is used). Preferred
Applications capplet sets the default web browser choosen by the user
in /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command. So on GNOME systems this is
the gconf key to look at to know the default web browser.

Luca