Re: Compiling GTK+

Ian Davidson wrote:
Hi,

I've built Glib 2.8.6, but when I ./configure GTK+-2.8.11
it can't find the updated Glib.

The message I get is:
 "require glib.2.0 >= 2.8.5 but version of glib is 2.6.4"

How do I get GTK+ to pick up the newer version of glib?

How do I find out where the new glib is installed?

How can I find out which version of glib is installed? and where?

I bet it's easy once you know how :-)

Thanks,

ian

I've currently built gtk and many of it's dependencies and what I found to work well was to run configure with | --prefix=/testbuilds |. If you build glib with that configure option when you | make install | it will install to that directory. Then set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to point to the .pc file associated with glib. It will be in /testbuilds/lib/pkgconfig or somewhere like that. Then run configure with the same --prefix=< dir > setting and it will build and then install into that directory.

I'm sure configure is just picking up the currently installed version of glib instead of your built version ( it uses pkg-config to find the library info ).

redfive