Pango-WARNING

Hello,

       I created a new input module & assigned it to be default by
making  the global_context_id="my_module" static. On keypress it does
show the mapping from the table i created for the first key, however
it doesnt get the preedit string. Showing me the following critical
error on every key press.

(im_context:14528): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string: assertion `str == NULL ||
g_utf8_validate (*str, -1, NULL)' failed

(im_context:14528): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string: assertion `str == NULL ||
g_utf8_validate (*str, -1, NULL)' failed

(im_context:14528): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string: assertion `str == NULL ||
g_utf8_validate (*str, -1, NULL)' failed

(im_context:14528): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
gtk_im_context_get_preedit_string: assertion `str == NULL ||
g_utf8_validate (*str, -1, NULL)' failed

(im_context:14528): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to
pango_layout_set_text()

On debugging i also get a message saying
GLib: Cannot convert message: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

I suspect the string is not in the standard utf8 format, but how do i
change the string?? The mapping consists of english alphabets mapped
on numbers. Like 1=a,  2=d..

--
Anupama Chandwani

Celunite Soft Technologies