Re: gdk-pixbuf

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 04:08:26PM -0400, Bill Cunningham wrote:
>     I have now installed gd, and I'm try install gdk-pixbuf and it just
> looks like a bunch of html pages. How do you install that? I have expat and
> libxml2. I just want what I need to install gtk. Is all these dependencies
> I'm running into necessary or do I need to turn off some dependencies
> checking?

gdk-pixbuf is a library that resides in `gdk-pixbuf'
subdirectory of Gtk+ 2.x source code, it is normally
installed as a part of Gtk+ 2.x (unless you talk about the
old standalone gdk-pixbuf used with Gtk+ 1.x, but I suppose
you would mention that).  It does not use gd, nor expat, nor
libxml2, and it is not a bunch of HTML pages -- its
documentation can be though.

Note I don't understand your question at all, I'm just
trying to clarify what gdk-pixbuf usually means as your
gdk-pixbuf seems to be something different.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.