Re: gtk drawing question

From: Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com>
To: Doğacan Güney <naliven msn com>
CC: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gtk drawing question
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:14:24 -0400

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 13:46 +0000, DoÄ&#65533;acan Güney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a program similar to the one at
> http://mirko.lilik.it/Ruby-GNOME2/moz-snapshooter.rb . As far as I
> understand it, net-stop only means that the loading of page is completed, it > doesn't necessarily mean that drawing the widget is complete. My question > is, is there a way to understand if drawing of a widget (gtkmozembed in this
> case) is complete?

your question is ill-formed. do you mean "when every pixel that
represents a widget has been displayed on a screen?" or "when the code
responsible for requesting pixel changes has been called?" or something
else?

OK, I guess my previous explanation wasn't any good. The first one ( "when every pixel that represents a widget has been displayed on a screen") is pretty much what I want.

Specifically, what I want is a gtk widget(which, in my case, is gtkmozembed) that has a 'draw' call that does not return until that particular widget has completed its drawing operations. Or that does return but sends me a drawing_complete(or whatever) signal when it has finished drawing.

Sevdiklerinizle Messenger'da görüsün ve sesli sohbet edin! http://messenger.live.com