Re: atk

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 19:03 -0400, Bill Cunningham wrote:
>     Well I finally got atk to compile! One step closer to GTK. I run ldconf
> /usr/local/lib and the configure script ran successfully. Then I tried make
> and got the error from grep.
> /opt/usr/lib/libintl.la not found. Why make was looking into opt for
> anything I don't know. So I copied libintl.la from /usr/lib into the opt
> path it wanted for compilation sake. Now I guess for cairo or pango.

Might I suggest you try out jhbuild if you want to GTK+ in a particular
prefix without having to worry about software being installed all over
the place.

This might make like a little easier. It is in Gnome's CVS.
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/jhbuild/

The instructions are here:
http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/jhbuild/

Once set up (which should just be a case of configuring your
~/.jhbuildrc file, you should be able to run:

$ jhbuild bootstrap

$ jhbuild build gtk+

Regards,
Martyn