Re: autoconf and automake

--- Bill Cunningham <billcu1 verizon net> wrote:

>     Ok I have two copies of autoconf and automake installed now. One for
> global use in /usr and one for the glib pkg-config and so on in /usr/local.
> That may be part of my problem too. I found a pkgconfig directory in /usr
> and some other pkgconfig stuff in /usr/local. It's all in usr/local now.
> Bill
> gtk-list gnome org

I think you are making your life unnecessarily complex.

My tool builds a lot of things not calling autoconf and automake.

Before creating my tool I built gtk manually not at all calling
autoconf and automake.

IIRC, autoconf and automake help to create 'configure' script
- you get 'configure' with every target you need to build.

Applications From Scratch:

Do You Yahoo!?