Re: autoconf and automake
- From: Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com>
- To: Bill Cunningham <billcu1 verizon net>, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: autoconf and automake
- Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
--- Bill Cunningham <billcu1 verizon net> wrote:
> Ok I have two copies of autoconf and automake installed now. One for
> global use in /usr and one for the glib pkg-config and so on in /usr/local.
> That may be part of my problem too. I found a pkgconfig directory in /usr
> and some other pkgconfig stuff in /usr/local. It's all in usr/local now.
> gtk-list mailing list
> gtk-list gnome org
I think you are making your life unnecessarily complex.
My tool builds a lot of things not calling autoconf and automake.
Before creating my tool I built gtk manually not at all calling
autoconf and automake.
IIRC, autoconf and automake help to create 'configure' script
- you get 'configure' with every target you need to build.
Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
] [Thread Prev