gtk installation

    Well I started over again installed pkg-config. Set the variable in
.bash_profile and installed glib fine. Then I tried atk. Atk could find
pkgconfig but not glib. I set the LD_CONFIG_LIB or something like that
variable that didn't work. I tried setting the path in ld.so.conf and ran
ldconfig. That didn't work. I looked into Sergei's tool and couldn't get
anywhere there either. I have X installed too. I tried pkg-config --cflag
glib-2.0 and got part of a compiler line but I don't know where to put it.
pkg-config --lib glib-2.0 gave me part of a line to use with gcc too but I'm
trying to get configure to work. I've tried all I know to try.

Bill