Re: pb compiling latest gtk+ (In function '_cairo_write_to_cups', error: 'ppd_group_t' has no member named 'name')

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 18:27, Olivier Kaloudoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     using pango 1.13.5, cairo 1.2.0, atk 1.12.1, I get the following
> error message when compiling gtk+ on linux32, gcc-4.1.1;

[snip]

I am surprised that the GtkPrinter stuff was included in GTK+-2.10 because it
has all sorts of issues.  This was one of the ones I came across and in this
case it is because the configure scripts have not been written correctly to
detect the required version of CUPS.  GTK+-2.10 will appear to configure
correctly without the required CUPS version but will then not compile if CUPS
is not of a sufficiently recent version.  I found GTK+ fails to compile with
CUPS 1.1.19, but will compile with CUPS 1.1.23.  I do not know at what
version between those GTK+ will compile.

Chris