Re: missing libpangocairo-1.0.la

--- Yan Gu <gygy cc gatech edu> wrote:

> That's great. May I have a copy of the script file for gtk 2.10.1?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yan
>
>                         -Yan Gu (gygy cc gatech edu)
>

> On Sat, 5 Aug 2006, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>

> > --- gygy cc gatech edu wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > While I tried to compiled gtk+-2.10.1 on redhat, I got the following error:
> > >
> > > libtool: link: cannot find the library
> > > `../../pango-1.12.3/pango/libpangocairo-1.0.la'
> > >
> > > while in pango-1.12.3/pango, I can only find the following .la files
> > >
> > > libpango-1.0.la  libpangoft2-1.0.la  libpangox-1.0.la  libpangoxft-1.0.la
> > >
> > > I did not change anything in pango or gtk. Can anyone tell me why the
> > > libpangocairo-1.0.la does not exist in pango?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Yan
> > >

> > I have checked my tool with gtk+-2.10.1 - compiles OK.
> >
> > --Sergei.
> >

> > Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/

> > http://mail.yahoo.com

You have to change three lines - this is from the document:

http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/README :

"
3. FOR THE IMPATIENT: CHANGING VERSIONS OF TARGETS TO BE BUILT.

If a newer version of a target is available, for example, if there is
gtk+-2.8.19 -> gtk+-2.8.20 transition, do the following:

1) open build data subroutine file in your favorite editor;
2) locate the piece of code describing the target, for 'gtk+' the piece looks
looks this:

                        targets =>
                          {
                          'gtk+' =>
                            do{
                              my $major_ver = '2';
                              my $minor_ver = '8';

                              $gtk_plus_hash_ref =
                                {
                                base_urls => &{$_gnome_c_urls_sub}
                                               (
                                               'gtk+',     # $target,
                                               $major_ver, # $major_ver,
                                               $minor_ver, # $minor_ver
                                               ),

                                major_ver => $major_ver,
                                minor_ver => $minor_ver,
                                micro_ver => '19',

3) locate the lines describing major, minor and micro versions, in the above
example they are:

                              my $major_ver = '2';
                              my $minor_ver = '8';
                                micro_ver => '19',

4) change the version (for gtk+-2.8.19 -> gtk+-2.8.20 transition) replace

                                micro_ver => '19',
with

                                micro_ver => '20',
.