Windowid of widget

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate an opengl viewer toolkit into my application. The
basic idea is that I'm creating a gtk widget and then let this toolkit
draw into my widget.

One of the things this toolkit wants to set up it's opengl implementation
is the windowid of the widget I'm providing for it. And that's my problem,
I could not find any way to get the windowid for my widget in the docs.

-> Is there a way to get the windowid at all? (I really hope so) :)

Platforms that are interesting for me would be both linux and windows
(using the gtk provided by gladewin32.sf.net)

Any help would be appreciated.

kind regards Philip