Re: Cairo support

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 11:14 -0400, Antonio Gomes wrote:
> what version are you talking about ? If 2.8.x I presume 'no' ...

This is unfortunate.  Cairo adds some bulk to the gtk runtime size.
It's another set of dlls and config files that have to be shipped and
installed for applications targeting MS Windows.  Although I do
anticipate that more and more apps will be using cairo to draw and
things.

Currently The GTK 2.4 runtime installation for Windows that I have
installed is standing about 23 MB and 400 files (locales, xml files,
config files, etc).  Without locales we're down to 13 MB or so.  Add in
Cairo and that adds another megabyte or two for 2.8.  Compare that to Qt
4.1 which weighs in between 7 and 10 MB and consists of 3-5 dlls
(depending on the parts you use).  Qt is of course C++ and has libraries
like SQL and Socket IO that gtk doesn't have.  Just an observation.
Don't take this as a complaint. (no really :)

Michael