getting widget baselines

Hi gtk-list,

  I'm using Gtk+ with the Adobe Eve layout engine (from
http://opensource.adobe.com/ ). I am putting the Gtk+ widgets into a
GtkFixed container and using Eve to do all of the layout. In order to
line widgets up vertically I need to be able to extract the baseline
of the first line of text in the widget.

  Is there any way to get this information out of the widget directly,
or would I need to manually build a database of widget baselines (for
the few widgets that I use)? Does the baseline location change
depending on the current theme?

Thanks,
 Ralph