RE: Controlling resizing of boxes when a window is resized

Just in case anyone is interested, I lucked out and found the problem below
causing my scrolled window to not expand out and fill the space available. I
have a GtkHSeparator between the upper and lower boxes and due to a
cut-and-paste error I was adding that in using:
    gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(outerVBox), separator, TRUE, TRUE, 5);

Hence it was getting expanded and taking up the space that should have been
allocated to the scrolled window.

Ian