Re: how to deal wid colors.?

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 20:13 +0530, sahlot arvind wrote:
> hello all
> i want to draw four rectangles, i want to draw them in black color but
> want to fill them wid different colors...so problem which i m facing
> is that when i set foreground color to fill the rect then background
> color is also getting set and i am unable to see boundaryy of rect in
> black color rather that is in same color as of filled rect's forground
> color...
>
> i have attached a file which contains drawing i want....
> some body plz help me out in this regard..

Seems to me you want to create a GdkPixmap backing store, draw to that
with Gdk drawing primitives (arc, line, point, rectangle) with the
proper colors and fill, then create a GtkDrawingArea widget.  Set up the
expose event to draw the GdkPixmap to the GtkDrawingArea's window.

See http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/x2491.html and also see the source code
to the Gtk example program, scribble.

Michael