Re: Controlling resizing of boxes when a window is resized

hi,

you should pack the two widgets into a vertical box so:

gtk_box_pack_start (vbox, topWidget, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
gtk_box_pack_start (vbox, bottomWidget, FALSE, FALSE, 0);

see the documentation for argument #3 to achieve the effect you want. also, avoid using gtk_widget_set_size_request() if the user ultimately has the say-so in deciding window size, use gtk_window_resize() on the top level window at startup instead.

cheers,

richard