Re: ATK installation problems

i know, it's tragic, but somehow, actual implementation and deployment of
gtk+, its dependencies, and, most importantly, the developed applications
don't seem to be a real priority for the gtk+ developers (maybe someone
should take this on as their own sub-exercise, is the message i got back
when writing something a little more polite on this subject).

i've tried to convince them too: unless it's easy to use, you're shooting
yourself in the foot, no matter how brilliant it is.  (fact of life:
brilliant people ignore everybody else...)

but, we all live in our little towers, bill gates, open source volunteers,
george bush, whoever, and as humans never want do what it takes to finish
the job properly.

is anybody listening?  (i asked about solaris 9 possibilities of gtk+ and
got not a single response.)

does anybody care?  (not ever do we see gtk+ developers themselves
commenting on this sorry state of affairs.)

can't we all just get along?  (at some point, complete breakdown and chaos
ensues, can anyone say new orleans?)

what a waste of incredible energy i see this cause, 90%+ of all messages
on this list relate to installation problems: if one student fails, it's
the student's fault; if they all fail, it's the teacher's fault.

i'm frustrated by it all too, sorry it seems to be so common, hmm, a lot
like a cold, no cure.

richard