Re: Error: cross compile libtiff

Hi,

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:35:45 +0200
albrecht ellinger <albrecht ellinger dold-regler de> wrote:
>Why does make try to run mkversion?

libtiff is not maintained by GTK people, please don't ask why :-)
Except of the softwares maintained with latest GNU autoconf,
it's popular case that configure script does not work well for
cross compile configuration.

>This is a binary file for mips and surely does not work on x86 PC.
>How can I prevent this?

>I hope somebody has successfully cross compiled libtiff?

Please try libtiff-3.7.3, it would be better slightly.

I could compile aslike:
	$ env CC=arm-cats-linuxelf-gcc \
		./configure \
		--host=i386-pc-linux-gnu \