Re: Repeated timeouts period

> The behavior of GLib timeouts is, I believe somewhat unpractical. I am
> talking about, quoting the doc, the fact that they "[do] not try to 'catch
> up' time lost in delays".

Could you give an example of when it would be useful to have such a timmer? Unless I
mis-understood you, the example you cited in your email admitted that you could just
as easily update the clock using the actual time instead of relying on the accuracy
of the timmer event.  I can think of a few extreme cases such as audio/video media
syncing, but nothing mainstream enough that inclusion in glib would be much benefit.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with developing the GTK APIs.  I just develop
an application with GTK that uses the existing timers and can't think of a use for
more accurate timers off the top of my head.

You might also want to post this question to gtk-devel after you get feedback here.