Re: Usage of GTK+ headers

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 15:00 -0700, Banginwar, Rajesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
>             Many of the GTK+ libraries have one or more top level
> header files. E.g. Glib has glib.h, gdk-pixbuf has two gdk-data.h and
> gdk-pixbuf.h and so on… My question is about what applications
> typically use? Do they use just the top level header only? Or is it ok
> to use the specific header file as needed e.g. gtk/gtkstyle.h?

The indended use is to just include the toplevel header file, ie

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

or

#include <glib.h>

An exception from this rule are the stdio wrappers, for which you
explicitly have to

#include <glib/gprintf.h>

This is because glib.h is not supposed to pull in stdio.h.

All of this is documented in the API docs.

Matthias