Char = GtkWidget *entry_host

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem, I'm starting programming with C/GTK+ and I did a window with some entry fields.
I declare this fields like this:

GtkWidget *entry_host;
.
.
.
.
Then I do this to use in my window:

 entry_host = gtk_entry_new ();
 gtk_entry_set_max_length(GTK_ENTRY (entry_host),50);
 gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY (entry_host),"localhost");
 gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX (vbox), entry_host, TRUE, TRUE, 0);
 gtk_widget_show(entry_host);

Now I want to use the value entered in this field in another global variable like this:

char        host[256];

But the types are incompatible. How can I solve this problem?
My objective is to connect my program made in C/GTK+ with PostgreSQL.

Thanks.
Wilton

_______________________________________________________ Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você acumula cupons e concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe! http://yahoo.fbiz.com.br/