Re: Question about type casting.

DC A wrote:
Thanks a lot for clearify this matter. So the bottom line is when there is no mention
about the type of widget in argument we can use GtkWidget there, right?

    Well there's always mention of an argument type in a function header, and
we still respect that argument.

Its just that so many widgets are containers for other widgets, and they all
take GtkWidget * arguments.

So I guess the bottom line you are looking for is, when calling a function
and passing it an argument that was already declared as the correct type,
there is no need to redundantly cast it again.

Cheers,
                                -Tristan